TLK Use Policy
You must accept the Use Policy when you request online.
Any library system in Georgia may borrow the Technology Loaner Kit for the purpose of providing hands-on familiarization and training with e-readers, tablets and other innovative technology. There are various devices included in each Kit. There are 4 regular loaner kits, a 3D Printer kit and 3 Streetview Kits available for loan. Requests must be made two weeks from the date required.
- The borrowing library must contact the Georgia Public Library Service by online form and receive confirmation as to the materials loaned and duration of the loan.
- The standard loan period is two weeks but may be negotiated if circumstances demand a longer loan period.
Responsibilities of the Georgia Public Library Service
- GPLS will house and maintain the devices and linked vendor accounts.
- GPLS will provide carrying cases for the loaned device for safe transport, via the PINES Courier Service.
Responsibilities of the borrowing library
- Completion of the Tech Loaner Kit Reservation Form at the galibtech.org website.
- Inform GPLS of any damages done to or loss of the Tech Loaner Kit, its components or carrying cases.
- Planned programming for staff and/or patrons.